Sunday, April 30, 2006

in sleeping, training, and upgrading

i woke at 12:28am today with a thought of preparing my things in going to romblon...for the first time in my life, i have a difficulty sleeping...maybe i have confused my body clock...for three weeks now, i sleep every 2:00 in the morning then i would wake up by 6:00 am...i am such an early riser...i wish to sleep because i need to...i just can't help myself but be envious to the pictures of my students sleeping, mindless to whatever is happening around...i should have not opened their pictures if i know i would feel this way...there are times really in our lives when we wish we were kids because we can sleep all the time, anytime, and anywhere...yes, i understand why i cannot sleep these days...i would usually sleep late? or should i say early in the morning because i have to prepare teaching guides...
i happen to be invited as one of the trainers in upgrading high school science and mathematics teachers' competence...the picture above is just one of the activities i prepared...mind you, i have to stand for eight (8) hours per day from monday to friday which i dont usually do at pisay...well, in pisay classes are in 50-minute period...well, i am proud i have done it...
i really find this training the irony of all ironies...first, i've got to train when i did not even have a training how to train...i have to train teachers who have more experience handling students and teaching...mine is only for three years...most of them graduated college when i was not yet born while others graduated when my father was still maybe courting my mother...others could pass as my uncles and some grandfathers...i am so glad that we had a nice class interaction for five days...it was really a wonderful experience working withe these teachers...
you've got to believe me...yes, this is my advisory class...the first day i introduced myself to them as their trainer for the week i can sense apprehension from their eyes...i knew it...the expression got "worse" when they have heard it straight from me that i am their adviser...well, they have no choice...and so, i played as their goody2x adviser...i cannot help myself but to laugh thinking about it...i even refused the idea when this task was presented to me but eventually i gave in to the request...i should have known that it was great to be an adviser to this group of people...i should have thought that i have this chance that i may not have until i retire in teaching...now i know better what teaching is all about...teaching defies age, height, school, position, academic qualification, etc...now i believe that the adage is indeed true...SCHOOL/EDUCATION IS A GREAT EQUALIZER...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home